Econintersect: Sam Seiden, Chief Education, Products and Services Officer at Online Trading Academy, has received the Forex Best award for 2014 for Best Educational Report. Seiden (pictured below) is a frequent contributor to Global Economic Intersection in the Online Trading Academy Article of the Week which appears every Friday on the Investing Blog. Seiden was one of 10 winners in as many categories. The awards are made by FXStreet.
Here is the press release announcing the award winners:
Barcelona – February 21, 2014 – FXStreet, the leading Forex information website, is pleased to announce the results of the fourth edition of the Forex Best Awards that honors the best analysis, educational content and contributors on its website in 2013.
The nominees of the ten categories – a total of over 40 different contributors – were selected by the FXStreet Content team for their quality and popularity on the website.
This year again, besides the popular vote, a professional jury made its choice. This jury is made of members of the FXStreet Experts team and of professionals from other companies, with different backgrounds:
- Jamie Coleman – FXBeat’s Managing Editor
- Yohay Elam – Founder of ForexCrunch
- Ron Finberg – Editor at Forex Magnates
- Antonio Jaureguizar – Partner at Noesis
- Valeria Bednarik – Chief Analyst at FXStreet
- Gonçalo Moreira, CMT – Content Advisor at FXStreet
- Alberto Muñoz, PhD – Forex Analyst at FXStreet
There was no conflict of interest, as these members of the jury, if nominated, were not allowed to vote in that particular category.
The popular vote was collected through a survey that was available on every page of FXStreet website (http://www.fxstreet.com) and Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/FXstreet). Voters could choose only one nominee per category or the “don’t know” option if they wished. A total of 3,158 valid votes were cast from the launching of the survey on February 7th until the closing on February 14th.
The winners of the Forex Best Awards 2014 are:
- Best Analysis: “Indices Insider” by FOREX.com
- Best Sell-Side Analysis Contributor: OANDA Corporation
- Best Buy-Side Analysis Contributor: JKonFX
- Best Educational Report: “Lessons from the Pros” by Sam Seiden at the Online Trading Academy
- Best Video/Podcast: “FX Technical Video Update” by Joel Kruger at JKonFX
- Best Webinars Educator: Sam Seiden
- Best New Book: “The Foreign Exchange Matrix: A new framework for understanding currency movements” by Barbara Rockefeller and Vicki Schmelzer
- Best Live Analysis Room Guest: Adam Button from ForexLive
- Best New Contributor: ThinkForex
- Most Valuable Network Member: Vladimir Mihaylov
A video with the reactions of the winners can be watched below. Seiden is the final award winner to appear on the video (at 4:58).
Note: Another Global Economic Intersection contributor, Cliff Wachtel, received the Forex Best Book award last year.
- And the winners are … (About us FXStreet, 21 February 2014)
Leave a Reply