Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of today’s reading list reports on the soaring public debt in Spain …….. and the last article describes how Goldman Sachs helped Greece disguise its debt problems.
- Spain’s Public Debt Soars to New Highs, Smothering Optimism (Savita Iyer-Ahrestani, ThinkAdvisor) What is the story about a death spiral?
- The Best Health Care ETFs (Jeff Schlegel, Financial Advisor)
- Swiss military simulates French attack (France 24) Hat tip to Roger Erickson.
- Shutdown showdown (The Economist) “Once a stalwart of good governance, America looks like a rodeo clown.”
- Yes We Can Afford Prosperity! Guest Post (L. Randall Wray, Econmonitor) Hat tip to Roger Erickson. L. Randall Wray has contributed to Global Economic Intersection.
- Freedom of Information (Ken Auletta, The New Yorker) “A British newspaper wants to take its aggressive investigations global, but money is running out.” Big bucks don’t back liberal media.
- Gold Selloff Catches Some Off Guard (Arpan Mukherjee, The Wall Street Journal) “Gold could be losing its label as a safe-haven asset.”
- The Unofficial Dividend.com Guide To Being An Investor (Jared Cummans, Dividend.com) 50 tips, short and sweet.
- Invest in whatever Wall Street hates (Brett Arend, Market Watch, The Wall Street Journal) The herd’s infatuation with emerging markets has soured. Time to buy? Read also Elliott Morss’ take.
- How Goldman Sachs helped mask Greece’s debt (Nick Dunbar, BBC)
Leave a Reply