Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of today’s reading list starts with three articles about the consequences of the Cyprus crisis …….. and the last article is by Yves Smith discussing the destruction of the Cyprus economy.
- The Eurozone in Crisis (Christopher Alessi, Council on Foreign Relations) Thorough discussion concluding with possible reforms.
- Cyprus Reopens for Business: Now What? (Robert Kahn, Council on Foreign Relations) See also GEI News article about Robert Rubin’s take.
- Cyprus Has Finally Killed Myth That EMU Is Benign (Ambrose Evans-Pritchard, The Telegraph
- Wealth Effect in Housing? It’s Real (Jeff Brown, TheStreet.com) Housing wealth effect is real and dangerous, according to the author.
- Is Oil-Demand Plateauing? (Barry Ritholtz, The Big Picture, 29 March 2013)
- Bitcoin’s Moment (Jeffrey Tucker, The Daily Reckoning, 29 March 2013) See also GEI News Bitcoins and Tulips.
- Lost Brook Dispatches: The Fate of Charles Brodhead (Pete Nelson, Adirondack Almanack) Part 2 of story, part 1 in reading list of 20 March 2013. See also this link. This is American history you will not find anywhere else!
- The Ten Best Employers To Work For (Charles Hugh Smith, Of Two Minds)
- Barbers on the March (Brad DeLong, Project Syndicate) Brad DeLong has contributed to Global Economic Intersection.
- Destruction of Cyprus Economy Proceeding Ahead of Schedule (Yves Smith, Naked Capitalsim) Yves Smith has contributed to Global Economic Intersection. Smith’s assessment is quite more dire than GEI News articles have reported.