Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of our reading list has an item from PBS discussing why U.S. health care is so expensive …… and the last is an article discussing the value of public banking in times of disaster, such as hurricane Sandy.
- A PBS Documentary Asks Why is U.S. Health Care So Expensive? (PBS News Hour) Hat tip to The Big Picture.
- The History of Gold Charts (Factor Research Trading Services)
- On Counterinsurgency: How We Got to Where We Are (Martin van Creveld, Fabius Maximus)
- A Major Crisis Indicator Just Hit Its Highest Level Ever (Tyler Durden, Zero Hedge)
- Kass: The Earnings Cliff is Cause for Concern (Doug Kass, TheStreet.com)
- Why the Elite Are Living In an Economic Fantasy (Stephanie Kelton, New Economic Perspectives)
- Apple Can’t Hide Anymore (Aabha Rathee, Wall Street Cheat Sheet)
- Google: Can It Be The Alpha of Technology? (Regarded Solutions, Seeking Alpha) Discussion of the future of Google has science-fiction-like characteristics. Hat tip to Global Econonomics Discussion Group on LinkedIn.
- Public banks could help after a disaster such as supestorm Sandy (Kelly McCartney, The Christian Science Monitor) Hat tip to the Public Banking Institute.