Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of our reading list for today has an article about Obama’s failure to crack down on Wall Street……. and the last is discusses fully reserved banking. Also we learned how to buy a 28,000 acre estate in the Adirondacks, one of the best places on earth (in Econintersect‘s opinion).
- No, Obama Isn’t About to Crack Down on Wall Street (Jesse Eisinger, Propublica) Hat tip to Roger Erickson.
- Brandon Park: 28,000 Acres For Sale (Phil Brown, The Adirondack Almanack)
- BP agrees to record criminal penalties for U.S. oil spill (Kathy Finn and David Ingram, Reuters)
- U.S. House Staff Report on MF Global (FT Alphaville Files)
- Missing Link in Tax Overhaul (J.D. Alt, New Economic Perspectives)
- There are no country-bumpkin economists: A problem for economic research institutes (Mieke Dale-Harris, Institute for Advanced Development Studies)
- Corporatism, over-regulation and fully reserved banking (Edward Harrison, Credit Writedowns)