by Frank Li
Dear President Obama,
Five weeks ago, I published an open letter to Mitt Romney, which has been so well received that it’s only fair that I, an independent, write you an open letter now to balance it out.
To begin with, let me congratulate you, once again, for winning the election in 2008, fairly and squarely. Many of my Republican friends wouldn’t give you a chance, but I did – I observed you for one year without judging, while constantly telling them: “Hey, give the guy a chance!”
Follow up:Unfortunately, I am utterly disappointed at you today! Here are my two observations:
- The job of the American Presidency has obviously been over your head: You did not have any executive experience before becoming the President and you have been learning on the job, which proved to be too little, too late.
- While becoming an American President might have been an American Dream come true for you personally (Someday I want to be President), it has been a nightmare for America (American Dreams vs. America). Specifically,
- You have proven to be the biggest spender in American history: Our national debt was enormous at $9T when you took office, but it will be more than $16T by the time you finish this term (President Obama’s Place In U.S. History: Debt Monger).
- You have been boldly running for re-election since your first day in the White House, instead of doing your job: running the country (American Democracy: Massive Falsehoods at The Top!)! Here is a basic question for you: Why do you want another term, if you are not even interested in being the President throughout your first term?
To be fair, I can’t blame you for it all. Rather, it’s the political system, stupid! Specifically,
- Our system allowed an inexperienced person like you to become the President via a popularity contest, with few qualifications required.
- Our system allowed you to serve in the White House for no purpose other than for your own re-election. What, then, is the best way to getting re-elected? Spending more and pandering more! No wonder you have been called “the food-stamp President” and “the first gay President"! Admittedly, some of your predecessors behaved similarly throughout their first terms as well. But you carried it to an extreme, such as waging a class warfare against the rich (Obama’s Politics Are More Insidious Than Socialism), initiating a naked assault on capitalism (Obama: Bain attacks ‘not a distraction’), and shamelessly playing politics with immigration (Obama takes a risk on immigration front).
Times have changed. The world has become much more competitive than ever. Consequently, America simply can no longer afford to elect an incompetent President who serves for no purpose other than his own re-election!
Today, America is not just deeply in trouble: fiscally, economically, and politically - it is heading in a totally wrong direction! For the near-term, look at Greece (i.e. running out of other people’s money and running out of borrowing power). For the long-term, America could become yesterday’s [Communist] China (i.e. robbing the rich to help the poor, thereby making everybody poor)! Is this really where you want to take America? No, I bet not – You simply do not know what you are doing!
If you need a clue to what real governance is, ask Scott Walker (pictured right), the Governor of Wisconsin! Here is what I wrote recently (Public-Sector Unions: from Wisconsin to America …):
“What Governor Walker did was significant: It was a small step to undo the devastating damage caused by President Kennedy, but a gigantic step against the demise of America (Diagnosis for America: Cancer!)!”
If you need to know how to tell the truth plainly (vs. pandering), watch this short video: You Are Not Special Commencement Speech from Wellesley High School.
Now, the re-election is just around the corner. I wish you would do two things:
- Stop blaming President George W. Bush for the economy! Did he do enormous damage to America? Yes, he did! Therefore, it’s right for many Americans to blame him (Americans say Bush still more to blame than Obama for economy), but not for you. Why? Two reasons:
- Without him, there would have been no President Obama!
- You were elected to right his wrongs! You have had four years to do it, without success. It’s time to let someone more capable do it!
- Run a good re-election campaign against Governor Romney. As a result, you will bring the best out of him, especially the adoption of my proposal that he promises
- To be a one-term President, dedicating himself to running the country without re-election.
- To fix the political system fundamentally by changing the Constitution as follows (Towards An Ideal Form of Government):
With that, not only will Governor Romney win in November, but also he will have a chance to save America, thus becoming one of the greatest American Presidents, ever!
You, on the other hand, may still avoid being the worst American President in [recent] history, leaving that honor distinctively to President George W. Bush (George W. Bush’s favorable rating lowest of any living president, poll shows), whose legacy is surely defined in two points as follows:
- The Iraq War. For more, read: Blagojevich and Pearl Harbor: They Are Related!
- The creation of President Obama, the second worst American President in [recent] history!
In other words, with another term, you will surely take that honor away from President George W. Bush! Is that your desire?
Thank you for reading!
Frank Li, Ph.D.
Founder & President, West-East International, Inc.
An Open Letter to Mitt Romney by Frank Li
About the Author
Frank Li is the Founder and President of W.E.I. (West-East International), a Chicago-based import & export company. Frank received his B.E. from Zhejiang University (China) in 1982, M.E. from the University of Tokyo in 1985, and Ph.D. from Vanderbilt University in 1988, all in Electrical Engineering. He worked for several companies until 2004, when he founded his own company W.E.I. Today, W.E.I. is a leader in the weighing industry not only in products & services, but also in thought and action.