by Frank Li
Dear Governor Romney,
Congratulations on your success in becoming the Republican candidate for President, soon!
As an independent, I wanted to let you know that I have already voted for you twice in the primaries (i.e. 2008 and 2012), and I intend to vote for you again in November.
As a writer, I strongly supported you (and Governor Perry) publicly on 9/30/2011 with this article: The American Presidency: Let’s Redefine It, Now! Here is an excerpt:
- President Obama must not be re-elected!
- Elect a Republican as the next American President! Neither Rick Perry nor Mitt Romney is perfect (e.g. Seeking Neither A Warm Body Nor Superman). But either will be far better than President Obama for two key reasons:
- Both of them exceed my minimum requirements for the American Presidency, such as being older than 55 and having had a full-term governorship.
- Both of them have a far better proven track record than President Obama, who had no track record as an executive of any kind before becoming the President and has had a terrible one as the President.
- Our system favors the incumbents. This is especially true for President Obama, who has been boldly running for re-election since his first day in the White House (American Democracy: Massive Falsehoods at The Top!).
- President Obama just launched a class warfare, which, I am afraid, will prove effective, ultimately.
- Your neo-cons-flavored foreign policy could be even worse than President George W. Bush’s! Most Americans do not like that (Weary Warriors Favor Obama)!
Next, even if you win (Poll: Obama’s gay marriage stance could hurt him), so what?
- You are likely to be trapped into this “getting re-elected ad nauseam” thing (Diagnosis for America: Cancer!), putting your personal interest of re-election way above our country’s interest, like most of the recent American Presidents did!
- Mathematically speaking, the difference between President Romney and President Obama is likely to be $5T: by 2016, our national debt will be $20T under President Romney vs. $25T under President Obama. Either way, we, as a country, will be screwed!
In short, even if you win by beating the unlikely odds, you are likely to merely increase the stats of “yet another bad President” by one! No, nothing personal - It’s the political system, stupid!
But it does not have to be that way!
Here is a formula not only to guarantee you to win but also to save our country: Put the following two points on top of everything you already have!
- You promise to be a one-term (i.e. four years) President, dedicating yourself to running the country without re-election.
- You promise to fix the political system fundamentally by changing the Constitution as follows (Towards An Ideal Form of Government):
- Limiting the American Presidency to one-term (e.g. six years).
- Raising the statutory requirements for the American Presidency, such as the minimum age to 55 and only after having served a full-term as governor.
- Introducing strict term-limits for Congress, preferably one-term of six years as well.
That way, not only will you become the next American President, but also you will be remembered as one of the greatest American Presidents, ever!
Now, imagine this: On your 70th birthday (March 12, 2017), people will compare you with President George Washington as follows:
- What did President Washington do? He created the Republic!
- What did President Romney do? He saved the Republic!
What more do you want as a 70-year-old man by then?
How much greater than this do you think a human being can possibly be?
Frank Li, Ph.D.
Founder & President, West-East International, Inc.
About the Author
Frank Li is the Founder and President of W.E.I. (West-East International), a Chicago-based import & export company. Frank received his B.E. from Zhejiang University (China) in 1982, M.E. from the University of Tokyo in 1985, and Ph.D. from Vanderbilt University in 1988, all in Electrical Engineering. He worked for several companies until 2004, when he founded his own company W.E.I. Today, W.E.I. is a leader in the weighing industry not only in products & services, but also in thought and action.