Written by Frank Li
Last Monday (September 28, 2015) was a big day at the United Nations: the leaders of the world’s top three powers (Three New Kingdoms) all addressed the UN! While Russia’s worldview and China’s are similar, they are fundamentally different from America’s. Therefore, all intelligent human beings must study them!
Simply put, it’s America vs. Russia-China! More broadly, it’s America vs. the world!
1. Three speeches
First of all, it’s important for Americans to hear directly from Russian President Putin (Read Putin’s U.N. General Assembly Speech).
Secondly, it’s also important for Americans to hear directly from Chinese President Xi (Read the full text of Xi Jinping’s first UN address).
Finally, it’s of course important for Americans to hear directly from President Obama (President Obama’s Speech to the United Nation’s General Assembly).
For a summary of the key differences between America and Russia (as well as China), read: Competing Worldviews.
Now, a critical question: which worldview is better? Russia’s!
2. The Middle East
What’s the world’s biggest crisis today? Refugees in and from the Middle East (Europe-Grapples with Worst Refugee Crisis Since WWII)! What’s the root cause of this crisis? The Iraq War, in a nutshell! Two facts:
- President George W. Bush broke the jar by launching the Iraq War on March 20, 2003 (Colin Powell: “If you break it, you own it”)!
- President Obama failed to hold the broken jar by withdrawing all American troops from Iraq by December 2011!
What’s the real solution? America does not have any, but Russia may have one!
Why does not America have a solution? America has yet to identify and accept the root cause!
Why may Russia have one? It’s the best solution on the table! For more, read Putin’s UN speech, again, and think!
3. The world
Because America has messed up so much in the Middle East, there can be no credible worldview out of American leaders today!
With that, it’s time for Americans to (again) read Xi’s UN speech. China’s worldview is complementary to Russia’s, with two big points as follows:
- Peace and dialog. The UN is the only global organization to address serious international issues, democratically!
- China has stepped up its support of the UN, both financially and militarily in peace-keeping!
Unfortunately, America, which preaches democracy world-wide, appears to be the world’s only major power that is incapable of working within the confines of the biggest global, and most democratic, organization of the world: the United Nations!
Why is that? Here is an insightful American view:
In summary, Mr. Wilkersonâ€™s insights actually concur with many views outside of America, especially Putinâ€™s (60 Minutes: All Eyes on Putin)! Two specific examples:
- NATO has aggressively expanded into the former Eastern Bloc after the Cold War ended in 1991, in violation of a “verbal” commitment from George H. W. Bush to Mikhail Gorbachev, a total dumb (Mikhail Gorbachev vs. Deng Xiaoping)!
- America helped orchestrate the uprising in Ukraine, which ultimately, in early 2014, toppled its democratically elected government!
Now, is it a stretch from America vs. Russia-China to America vs. the world? Not really, especially in terms of forward looking! Here are two informative readings:
Is America totally out of touch with the world now? Physically no, as we still have a military presence in some 130 countries! Politically yes, as we are no longer capable of critical thinking!
Why is Americaâ€™s worldview so distorted? Two main reasons … First, blame the media! For more, watch this short video:
Second, blame democracy, as we practice it today! For more, watch this video:
America, reform our political system as I have suggested (Solution for America (Version 3)), or become an also-ran, second to China!
|Page Code: $divide1 = “50”; echo $divide1; ?>||Count: $headline = “”; include “/home4/aleta/public_html/pages/contributors/frank_count.php”; echo $headline; ?>|
>>>>> Scroll down to view and make comments