Written by Frank Li
Obamacare is in limbo. Or is it not?
The problems with Obamacare are profound. For example, Obamacare is the biggest increment in Democratic Socialism since LBJ’s Great Society and, if ever fully implemented, will surpass Medicare/Medicaid with its destructive financial burdens.
However, it’s even more ominous that President Obama’s signature legislation was called seriously into question by some Congressional Democrats after a website rollout fiasco, not by the recognition of the bad law. For example, why did the 39 Dems suddenly change their position (With 39 Dems behind it, House passes Obamacare fix)? The fiasco has put their 2014 re-election in jeopardy! In other words, their position change had nothing to do with America’s well-being, long-term or short-term. Rather, it was all about their personal interest of “getting re-elected ad nauseam“!
Because “getting re-elected ad nauseam” is the only thing for most of our politicians, America, represented by these self-serving politicians, can no longer think, politically!
1. America’s yesterday
America used to be able to think really well. Any doubt? Look at these two documents: Declaration of Independence and Constitution of the United States. They were born clean and they are still standing tall today, after more than 200 years of testing!
What’s so special about these two documents?
- They were drafted by several elite men, whom we now call “the founding fathers”.
- The life experiences of our founding fathers provided them with the wisdom to create documents that have been valid for centuries. Clearly, they thought well and they had America’s long-term and best interests in mind.
For more, read: America: Be Thankful to Our Founding Fathers.
2. America: today
America is no longer capable of thinking well, politically. Any doubt? Mildly put, read this: Bipartisanship Is Behind Government’s Worst Programs. More bluntly, look at these two documents: Patriot Act and Affordable Health Care for America Act (aka “Obamacare”), perhaps the two most significant laws passed in the 21st century. They were born in controversy and they are more controversial today than they were at their inceptions.
What’s so special about these two documents?
- They were drafted by some members of Congress.
- Most of them can neither think nor act in America’s best interests. Why? Because they serve themselves first, their party a remote second, their constituents a distant third, and their country dead last! For more, read my book: “Saving America, Chinese Style.”
Now, are these two laws really so bad? Yes!
2.1 Patriot Act
The Patriot Act was made into law in response to the 9/11 attack on America. But have most of our law makers ever asked the right questions and faced the truth about 9/11? No! Ron Paul did, and here is a must-read for all Americans: Ron Paul on 9/11: Ask the right questions and face the truth.
The image below summarizes, in some way, the mess caused by the Patriot Act.
America was changed for the worse!
The image below tells you a lot about Obamacare.
Need to know how bad Obamacare is for Harry Reid or how bad a politician Harry Reid is? Read this: Harry Reid exempts some of his Senate staff from Obamacare exchanges.
America was changed for the even worse!
3. Why such a huge difference between yesterday and today?
It’s the Political System, Stupid! In other words, overall, our political system today is far worse than it was over 200 years ago!
What’s the key difference between now and then? Democracy (i.e. one person, one vote)! In other words, it is democracy that has incapacitated our politicians from thinking and acting properly for America!
No, 200 years ago, women could not vote, nor could the minorities. That was bad! Yes, there was slavery then, and that was bad too! However, there were few career politicians then and the top political offices were unpaid, meaning you had to make it first before seeking high offices. Most significantly, America was built as a republic, not a democracy. As a matter of fact, our founding fathers specifically warned us against democracy (i.e. one person, one vote), calling it “mob rule”, a la Thomas Jefferson, for example.
Unfortunately, over the past 200 years, America has progressively morphed itself into a democracy. As a result, today Congress is mostly filled with self-serving career politicians. The more they “serve”, the more damage they do to America! No wonder Congress garners only 9% of the approval rating (The 9%: Congress’s Approval Rating Hits the Single Digits)!
In my new book “The GOP Bible for 2016”, I make two strong arguments as follows:
- “To counter the natural advantage of the Democratic Party by attrition, the GOP must periodically come up with some grand new ideas that resonate with most Americans. Unfortunately, that has been missing for way too long.”
- “The Democratic Party needs no strategy other than this: more handouts for more votes!”
In other words, the GOP can’t think, while the Democratic Party need not think.
Brain dead! No wonder America is so deeply in trouble …
How to make it fundamentally better? Constitutional changes! Specifically,
- We need a few elites to figure out a new Constitution, just like the founding fathers did more than 200 years ago, or even like the Chinese did around 1978. The Chinese studied the U.S. Constitution carefully and came out with the new Chinese constitution, which seems to be slightly better than America’s.
- We need a GOP President in 2016, who is committed to the major Constitutional changes!
For more, read my book: “The GOP Bible for 2016”.
The smooth sailing set out by our founding fathers is over. It’s time for America to think again, fundamentally and big!
Where to start? How about questioning democracy like the Chinese do? For more, watch this video (again): Eric X. Li: a tale of two political systems.