Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of today’s reading list says “scrap the welfare state and give people free money” …….. and the last article gives three bear market signals now flashing.
- Scrap the Welfare State and Give People Free Money (Matthew Feeney, Reason.com) No, this is not some left-wing socialist idea.
“Reason Foundation advances a free society by developing, applying, and promoting libertarian principles, including individual liberty, free markets, and the rule of law.”
- China is Finally Ready For Real Currency Reform. The Future of Hong Kong Hangs in the Balance. (Allison Jackson, The Financialist)
- Japanese Stocks Continue To Outperform (Aaron Levitt, Investopedia)
- Greg Mankiw Is Concerned About Accelerating Inflation (Dean Baker, Center for Economic and Policy Research) Dean Baker has contributed to Global Economic Intersection. This is a chart that Mankiw did not show when he wrote about wage inflation.
- Back to the future in New America: our new class structure (Fabius Maximus) Fabius Maximus contributes to Global Economic Intersection.
- China Said to Plan Crackdown on Banks’ Loan Limit Evasion (Bloomberg News)
- The falling deficit has been a disaster for the GOP (Ezra Klein, The Washington Post) They’ve lost their raison d’etre.
- Will this be a lost decade for profits? (Matt Busigin, Macrofugue Analytics) Too many good graphics to pick just one.
- The Trouble With Economics Is Economists (Paul Krugman, The New York Times)
- Three Ominous Bear Market Signals (Chris Chivacco, Financial Sense) Hat tip to John O’Donnell. Keys are Momentum, Breadth and Credit Risk On. Here is the momentum story: