Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of today’s reading list reports on how data gaps are related to the apparent pause in global warming …….. and the last article is about a winning high school coach who never punts.
- Missing Data from Arctic 1 Cause of Pause in Temperature Rise (ClimateWire, Scientific American, 18 November 2013) Measurement uncertainties may be bigger than the changes being interpreted as a global warming pause.
- Why Does the Media Ignore Timothy Geithner’s Disastrous Leadership of the NY Fed? (William K. Black, New Economic Perspectives) William K. Black contributes to Global Economic Intersection.
- Krugman, Following Summers, Endorses Asset Bubbles (Yves Smith, Naked Capitalism) See Econintersect editorial comment on the Summers talk at the end of this GEI News article.
- Lower gasoline prices (James Hamilton, Econbrowser) James Hamilton has contributed to Global Economic Intersection.
- Why No Bankers Go to Jail (Paula Dwyer, Bloomberg) More from Judge Jed Rakoff.
- To Taper or Not to Taper: That Is the Question (Wade Lome, Wall Street Sheet Sheet)
- Dressed to the Nines with Gold (Frank Holmes, U.S. Global Investors) Frank Holmes has contributed to Global Economic Intersection. The price of gold has stabilized but gold ETFs keeps selling lower. The demand is coming from Asia for physical gold. See John O’Donnell at GEI News.
- We should be humbly thanking the super-rich, not bashing them (Boris Johnson, The Telegraph) This guy is serious:
“As well as creating jobs and giving to charity, the wealthy should be hailed as Tax Heroes.”
- Ten Ridiculously Expensive Houses Currently on the Market (Emiuly Coyle, Wall St. Cheat Sheet)
- The Coach Who Never Punts (Grantland Channel, 13 November 2013)