Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of today’s reading list is a book review of GEI contributor Ellen Brown’s latest (The Public Bank Solution) …….. and the last (10th) article describes how the rise of single parent households is contributing to income inequality ……. and following article #10 is a weekend bonus – another great Adirondack slide climb.
- Book Review — The Public Bank Solution, by Ellen Brown — A Must Read! (Kent Welton, Op Ed News) Ellen Brown contributes to Global Economic Intersection.
- The IPCC gives us straight talk about Extreme Weather (Fabius Maximus) Fabius Maximus contributes to Global Economic Intersection.
- Pope Francis, Glenn Greenwald, and Janet Tavakoli Respond to False Media Narratives (Janet Tavakoli, Tavakoli Structured Finance) Janet Tavakoli has contributed to Global Economic Intersection.
- The Fake Threat: Government Default (Gary North, The Tea Party Economist) Hat tip to John O’Donnell.
If the U.S. government were to balance its budget, thereby freeing up funds to lend to the private sector, this would plunge the world into massive recession.
If this sounds nuts, that’s because it is. It is Keynesianism.
- Pragmatic Look at the Debt Ceiling Debate; Who Broke Washington? (Mike Shedlock, MISH’s GlobalEconomic Trend Analysis)
- Obama’s budget calls for big changes to 401(k)s, IRAs (Paula Aven Gladytch, Benefits Pro)
- The Renminbi: Soon to Be a Reserve Currency? (John Mauldin, Advisor Perspectives)
- How the Eurozone Might End (Yanis Varoufakis, Naked Capitalism)
- Divorce Wave to Follow Obamacare Rollout? (Janice Fioravante, Financial Planning)
- America’s Marriage Crisis Is Making Income Inequality So Much Worse (Derek Thompson, TheAtlantic, Business Insider)
- Slide Climbing: Santanoni Mountain’s East (Twin) Slide (Kevin “Mudrat” MacKenzie, Adirondack Almanack) A weekend bonus! See GEI News for an in depth discussion of Adirondack slides.