Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of today’s reading list describes how to maximize social security benefits for bith spouses …….. and the last article discusses the recent decline in gasoline prices.
- Maximizing Social Security for Both Spouses (Elliot M. Kass) One scemario not considered is future means testing for benefits. In such cases high income couples could do better not following the maximization strategies outlined.
- Robert Frost’s snowy walk tops Radio 4 count of nation’s favourite poems (Liz Bury, The Guardian) Hat tip to Jennifer Dawson, Newsana. Your Managing Editor relates to Frost as to no other poet.
- The Why Axis (Tyler Cowen, Marginal Revolution) A brief but good book review. Read the comments – many that I read were idotic.
- Thoughts on Student Debt: New Update (Doug Short, Advisor Perspectives dshort.com) Student debt is now 42% of the Treasury’s balance sheet assets!
- Where Is the Panic Over Deflation? (Justin Wolfers, Bloomberg) The BEA revised its estimates for the personal consumption expenditures price index and it now shows that it fell in the second quarter.
- 1 Out of 5 Yelp Reviews Are From Paid Reviewers (Phi Tran, App Newser) Hat tip to Russell Huntley.
- M1 & Credit (Rudiger Braun, Advice & Opinion) Hat tip to Warren Mosler, Soft Currency Economics.
Click on graph for larger image.
- How many Earths? (New Scientist) Hat tip to Ernest Reid, Newsana.
- Osborne has now been proved wrong on austerity (Martin Wolf, Financial Times)
Leave a Reply