Written by Wim Grommen
The start of an international campaign, DOWDIVISOR30, is imminent. This campaign is intended to convince the people responsible for the composition of the Dow Jones to restore the Dow Divisor in the formula used to calculate the Dow Jones to its original value of 30. The people responsible are a number of journalists of the Wall Street Journal, and the owner of the Dow Jones Index, the company S & P Dow Jones Indices LLC, a subsidiary of The McGraw-Hill Companies.
People over the whole world can sign a petition requesting president Obama’s government to exert pressure on the respective journalists and the company S & P Dow Jones Indices LLC to carry out this change in the Dow Jones formula.
The campaign will have an educational character. The campaign will draw attention to the following articles and paper: The article “Market crash 1929, mystery unraveled?” describes what happened to the Dow Jones behind the scenes at the time of the stock market crash in 1929.
- That graphs of stock market indexes, such as the Dow Jones, give no relevant long-term information is explained in the article “Without knowledge of the past there is no future“. – In the article “Will Obama manipulate the Dow Divisor, from fiction to reality?” you can read why it is a good idea to make this change to the Dow Jones formula.
- The need to make the change to the Dow Jones formula in the near future was presented at an international symposium “THE ECONOMIC CRISIS: TIME FOR A PARADIGM SHIFT” in Valencia: “The present crisis, a pattern” .
As preparation for this international campaign, the relevant articles and papers have been distributed worldwide. After reading this information over the Dow Jones, every citizen of the world can make a considered decision to sign this petition.
The campaign is currently collecting friends who are prepared to support DOWDIVISOR30. We are looking for people in all corners of society who want to be a golden friend, silver friend or bronze friend:
- A golden friend is someone who signs the petition and draws as much attention as possible to the campaign via social media.
- A silver friend is someone who signs the petition.
- A bronze friend is a website or organisation which draws attention to the DOWDIVISOR30 campaign.
As soon as the list of friends has achieved a respectable size, the campaign will officially start. Those ineterested in becoming a “friend of the campaign” can contact Wim Grommen or via Twitter: #DOWDIVISOR30.
A list of participating web sites: