Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of today’s reading list reports about the prospects for Fiscal Cliff 2014 …….. and the last article covers the record high for the Chinese yuan vs. the U.S. dollar.
- Budget Bedlam This Fall (Stan Collender, stan collender’s capital gains and games) Fiscal cliff 2014?
- Taken (Sarah Stillman, The New Yorker) What happened to Detroit? Was there nothing left to seize?
- Bernanke Wants 2% Inflation in a Deflationary World; Who Pays the Price? (Mike Shedlock, Mish’s Global Economic Trend Analysis) Graph is from Pew Research, 01 August 2013. See also GEI News.
- Washington Post to be sold to Jeff Bezos (Paul Farhi, The Washington Post) Amazon.com is not involved, it is a personal purchase by Bezos.
- Fed buys itself some time in push to wind down stimulus (Steven C. Johnson, Reuters)
- The Correlation Conundrum (James Picerno, The Capital Speculator) James Picerno has contributed to Global Economic Intersection. Commodities have not been a good diversification tool.
- American Exceptionalism: Alibi of a Nation (Mike Lofgren, Truthout)
- On the Inverse Correlation between Expected Risk and Return (Eric Falkenstein, Falkenblog) Hat tip to The Big Picture. Higher risk does not produce higher returns; just the opposite.
- Detroit is Not Broke! (Scott Baker, OpEdNews) Scott Baker comments frequently at Global Economic Intersection.
- Yuan Touches Record High Against Dollar (Rose Yu, The Wall Street Journal) The Yuan has appreciated 11% against the dollar over the past three years. Graph from Financial Times.