Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of today’s reading list is about safety of recreational marijuana …….. and the last article is about government policies are increasing inequality.
- How Safe Is Recreational Marijuana? (Roxanne Khamsi, Scientific American)
- How Disaster Aid Recipients Voted on Sandy Relief (Al Shaw and Jeff Larson, Propublica)
- With Job Candidates Lacking Skills, Wall Street Turns to Boot Camps (Greg MacSweeney, Wall Street & Technology) Despite spending $100,000 on an education, graduates still need to take spreadsheet analysis courses. Shouldn’t schools teach students how to use a fundamental business tool?
- UBS to Hang Up ETNs for (Among Other Things) Internet Stocks and Solid State Drives (Brendan Conway, Barron’s) Hat tip to Deborah Fuhr. A note on why you should be cautious about investing in thinly traded ETF/ETN vehicles.
- Structural Change In The Credit Markets (Sean Owens, Advanced Trading) An 80-ton boulder that has only started to roll.
- Inequality Rising — All Thanks To Government Policies (David Cay Johnson, The National Memo, 31 May 2013) Hat tip to Naked Capitalism. David Cay Johnson has contributed to Global Economic Intersection.