Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of today’s reading list discusses the smallest government spender since Eisenhower…….. and the last article is about the poor (ineffective) performance of corporate directors.
- Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It’s Barack Obama? (Eick Ungar, Forbes)
- 8 Really Bad Investments That Lost a Bundle (Dan Berman, AdvisorOne) There is also a link to review the history the 8 best investments.
- The Most Controversial Chart in History, Explained (Chris Mooney, Climate Desk)
- Global Warming: We are halfway to a mass extinction event (Gaius Pubicus, Americablog) Hat tip to Naked Capitalism.
- We can see our true selves in the propaganda used against us (Fabius Maximus) Presentation to contrast with the two articles immendiately above.
- How to spot a murderer’s brain (Tim Adams, The Guardian) Hat tip to Russell Huntley.
- ObamaCare Clusterfuck: Feds to use “consumer reporting agencies” to determine eligibility despite penalty for perjury (Lambert Strether, Corrente) Hat tip to Naked Capitalism.
- New Forms of Communication and the Public Mission of Economics: Overcoming the Great Disconnect (Mark Thoma, Transformations of the Public Sphere, Social Science Research Council) If you read this you will learn why you are part of the solution.
- AT LAST: A Secure, Key-Free Way To Unlock Your Front Door Has Been Invented (Alyson Shontell, Business Insider)
- Bernanke, Blower of Bubbles? (Paul Krugman, The New York Times)
- Directors Disappoint by What They Don’t Do (Gretchen Morgenson, The New York Times)