Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of today’s reading list has PIMCO’s Bill Gross calling the end of the 30-year bond bull market…….. and the last article is by Bruce Bartlett trashing 21st century fiscal policies.
- It was a Monday: Bill Gross pinpoints the day the 30-year bond rally ended (Bloomberg News, Investment News) Not the first time Bill Gross has gone negative on bonds. Bill Gross has contributed to Global Economic Intersection.
- Air Pollution Raises Risk of Diabetes Precursor in Kids (Makiko Kitamura, Bloomberg)
- Carbon dioxide passes symbolic mark (BBC News)
- Much of England’s ‘Atlantis’ survives beneath sea (Stephanie Pappas, Science, NBC News)
- Three Reasons to Buy Gold Equities Today (Frank Holmes, US Global Investors, Advisor Perspectives) Frank Holmes has contributed to Global Economic Intersection.
- Student Debt Slows Growth as Young Spend Less (Annie Lowrey, New York Times) Hat tip to Naked Capitalism.
- Jon Stewart Disses OCC and Independent Foreclosure Review (Naked Capitalism)
- Banks as Social Accountants and Screening Devices for the Allocation of Credit (Joseph Stiglitz and Andrew Weiss, NBER) Hat tip to Roger Erickson at Mike Norman Economics.
- Lawler: Table of Distressed Sales and Cash buyers for Selected Cities in April (Bill McBride, Calculated Risk)
- Annexation book author says Raleigh low-balling him out of spite (Josh Shaffer, News & Observer)
- Why Republicans Really Love Budget Deficits (Bruce Bartlett, The Fiscal Times) A now disaffected former presidential and Treasury advisor under Reagan and Bush I continues to unload on 21st century government.