Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of today’s reading list has a collection of investing quotes from Warren Buffett …….. and the last article is by an MD who discusses inefficiency as a profit center for health care operations.
- Warren Buffett Investing Quotes (Barry Ritholtz, The Big Picture)
- Why China can’t change the design of the U.S. flag (Rodger Malcolm Mitchell, Monetary Sovereignty)
- Berkshire Cash Hits Record $49.1 Billion as Profit Climbs (Noah Buhayar and Zachary Tracer, Bloomberg)
- Foreign Trade’s Impact on GDP (Bob McTeer, National Center for Policy Analysis)
- 5 Reasons the Housing Recovery Remains Wobbly (Rick Newman, U.S. News & World Report)
- Financial disincentives are the trend of the year in wellness (Gillian Roberts, Employee Benefit Advisor)
- Flame Retardants Linked to Lower IQs, Hyperactivity in Children (Dina Fine Maron, Scientific American)
- “There’s wrong, there’s very wrong and then there’s Niall Ferguson.” (Kathleen Geier, Washington Monthly)
- How Austerity Pushed American Colonists to Revolt (Andrew Edwards, Echoes, Bloomberg)
- For hospitals on the edge, HIT is the tipping point (Edmund Billings, MD, Open Health News) Hat tip to Roger Erickson. This is a WOW!!! And yet it is not a surprise – Inefficiency is a profit center in health care.
Leave a Reply