Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of today’s reading list has three articles that view Japan as John Mauldin’s “bug looking for a windshield” ……… and the last story is is about record world unemployment (and rising).
- The Wrong Growth Strategy for Japan (Martin Feldstein, Project Syndicate)
- How Japan Is Leading the World Astray (James Gruber, Financial Sense)
- Shinzo Abe’s Monetary-Policy Delusions (Stephen S. Roach, Project Syndicate)
- Charting China’s Economy: The Fourth Quarter (Tom Orlik, The Wall Street Journal) See also GEI News.
- Gundlach On Tax Polarization, Going Short The S&P 500, Apple (Evan Siminoff, Financial Advisor)
- Why Shale Oil is Not the Game Changer We Have Been Led to Believe – Part 1 (Chris Martenson, OilPrice) Hat tip to Naked Capitalism.
- America’s Twentieth-Century Slavery (Douglas A. Blackmon, Washington Monthly) Tens of thousands of black slaves after the Civil War and into the 20th century, and that’s just counting the complaints. Hat tip to Adirondack Almanack.
- Men more likely than women to commit scientific fraud (R&D, 22 Janaury 2013)
- CHART OF THE DAY: Why The Price Of Your Home Will Keep Going Up (Joe Weisenthal, Business Insider, 22 January 2013)
- World Unemployment to Hit Record High in 2013: ILO (Katy Barnato, CNBC, 22 January 2013)
Leave a Reply