Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of today’s reading list has James Howard Kunstler’s extremely negative forecast for 2013……… and the last story describes how much better the U.S. has been doing following the financial crisis compared to much of the rest of the world.
- Forecast 2013: Contraction, Contagion, and Contradiction (James Howard Kunstler, Clusterfuck Nation) Hat tip to Sig Silber.
- Make this mistake and you’ll lose thousands when refinancing your mortgage (Bob Sullivan, NBC News)
- The Marvin Clark Daily (Marvin Clark) Daily digital newspaper (free).
- The Hard, Cold Facts of Freezing to Death (Pater Stark, Outside)
- Shiller Remains Cautious on Housing (Barry Ritholtz, The Big Picture)
- 6 Things Microsoft Must Do In 2013 (Paul McDougall, Information Week)
- Beyond High School (Comptroller, New York City) Contains an info graphic by Catherine Mulbrandon, Visualing Economics)
- 2013: The Year of Trading Dangerously—Searching for Alpha for January 2013 (Ben Warwick, Advisor One)
- In a 5-year Comparixon, the U.S. Recovery Fares Well (Floyd Norris, The New York Times, 28 December 2012) See also Five Years Later, Some Countries Still Lag (New York Times)