Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of today’s reading list has Henry Blodgett’s cynical view of the fiscal cliff deal……… and the last story is about how the U.S. subsidizes obesity.
- Great News, Rich Americans! Congress Just Raised Taxes On Workers While Saving Investors Billions (Henry Blodgett, Business Insider, 01 January 2013)
- Spain WILL Fall in 2013 … Nine Predictions From the Fallout (Boom & Bust) Hat tip to Sig Silber.
- Pernod Ricard’s Frank Polley talks NYE at the NYSE (New York Financial Press)
- Congress Pushes to Prevent Spike in Milk Prices from ‘Dairy Cliff’ (Niraj Chokshi, National Journal)
- Beyond the MSM: the New Wave of Brief Blog Posts on Platinum Coin Seigniorage (Joe Firestone, New Economic Perspectives) Joe Firestone as contributed articles to GEI.
- P.J. O’Rourke: Dear Mr. President, Zero-Sum Doesn’t Add Up (P.J. O’Rourke, The Wall Street Journal)
- Zen and the Art of Moronic Cycle Maintenance (Roger Erickson, Mike Norman Economics)
- Second concussion can be devastating, even after clear CT scan, study finds (Linda Carroll, MSN, 01 January 2013)