Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of our reading list are three scenarios for bonds if Bernanke leaves the Fed…… and the last is about 102 year-old Nobel laureate Ronald Coase urging economists to step away from models and into reality.
- 3 Scenarios for Bonds if Bernanke Leaves: Pioneer’s Wardwell (James J. Greene, AdvisorOne)
- Home Equity Loans Make a Comeback Fueling U.S. Spending (Kathlenn Howley, Bloomberg)
- 5 Statistics Problems That Will Change the Way You See The World (Walter Hickey, The Atlantic) Hat tip to Barry Ritholtz at The Big Picture.
- Breaking free of Wall Street and the boom-bust cycle (Mike Krauss, PhillyBurbs.com) Hat tip to Public Banking Institute.
- 8-Little-Known Ways to Raise Your Credit Score (Angela Colley, Money Talks News)
- ‘We have a real governance issue’ (Rene Bruemmer, The Montreal Gazette) Hat tip to Naked Capitalism.
- The mother of all worst-case assumptions about Iran (Stephen M. Walt, Foreign Policy)
- Ben’s Friend: QE IV Is Coming! (Charles Goyette, Money and Markets)
- Time-lapse writing of a research paper (Nathan Yau (Timothy Weninger), Flowing Data)
- Urging Economists to Step Away From the Blackboard (Brendan Greeley, Bloomberg Businessweek)