Early Headlines: The Ultimate Gerrymander,Bergdahl Charged with Desertion,U.S, Air Strikes Back Iranian Militias and More
Early Bird Headlines 26 March 2015
Econintersect: Here are some of the headlines we found to help you start your day. For more headlines see our afternoon feature for GEI members, What We Read Today, which has many more headlines and a number of article discussions to keep you abreast of what we have found interesting.
- Gerrymandering Mishap Leaves Nation Without Any Borders Whatsoever (The Onion) Hat tip to Roger Erickson.
- Army Is Charging Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl With Desertion (Foreign Policy) PR nightmare for White House.
- Watch out for market correction, experts say (CNBC) Hat tip to Marvin Clark.
- Stocks plunge, but these pros aren't worried (CNBC)
- There's a huge sentiment split building in market (CNBC) If you don'y believe this article, read the two previous ones.
- Five Charts Show Europe's Economy Is All Right (Bloomberg View) Right now five metrics are looking up for Europe.
- Germanwings Pilot Was Locked Out of Cockpit Before Crash in France (The New York Times) Hat tip to Rob Carter.
- Amid Spreading Chaos In Yemen, Iran Is Winning (International Business Times)
- Saudi Troops Mass at Yemeni Border as Houthis Near Aden (Foreign Policy)
- Iran-backed rebels in Yemen loot secret U.S. files about spy operations (LA Times) Hat tip to Roger Erickson. Files were held by Yemeni security forces whose offices were overrun by rebels.
- Saudi Arabia Launches Military Operations In Yemen (The World Post)
- Assad Regime Drops Chlorine Barrel Bombs As Jabhat al-Nusra, Rebels Battle For Idlib (International Business Times)
- U.S.-led coalition, Iraqis pound Islamic State in Tikrit (Reuters) U.S. air strikes back Iranian forces which are also involved..
- Burying the Hatchet With Iran (Foreign Policy) For over three decades, Washington and Tehran have been mortal rivals. Can they use the nuclear deal to mend ties and build a new order in the Middle East?
BECOME A GEI MEMBER - IT's FREE!
Every every afternoon What We Read Today featured column is available only to GEI members.
To become a GEI Member simply subscribe to our FREE daily newsletter.