Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of today's reading list asserts that Germany's ascendancy over Europe will prove short-lived ........ and the last article says the framers of the Federal Reserve would be shocked if they saw what is going on today.
- Germany's ascendancy over Europe will prove short-lived (Ambrose Evans-Pritchard, The Telegraph)
- Euro area countries recommend Latvia euro accession (EU press release) See also GEI News.
- The Taper is Too Sharp (Yves Smith, Naked Capitalism)
- Niall Ferguson: More Mistaken Musings from the Land of the Excel Spreadsheet Error (Dean Baker, Center for Economic policy and Research)
- VA squeezes under scrutiny from regulators (Darla Mercado, Investment News) It's about time. Variable annuities are suitable for very few savers/investors and an outright scam for many others.
- All About the Maos: Charting China’s Cash Crunch (Tom Orlik, Rosa de Acosta and Shen Hong, The Wall Street Journal) See also GEI News.
- The Heritage Foundation: Where 7.8% Growth is “Moderate” and 4.4% is “Spectacular” (William K. Black, New Economic Perspectives) William K. Black is a Global Economic Intersection contributor.
- ORIGINAL NSA WHISTLEBLOWER: I Saw The Order To Wiretap Barack Obama In 2004 (Michael Kelly, Business Insider)
- The Federal Reserve’s Framers Would Be Shocked (Roger Lowenstein, The New York Times)