Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of today's reading list has a discussion of the economic effects of immigration reform ........ and the last article says it is possible that using a 401(k) plan for retirement savings today could be a bad idea.
- The US immigration bill is the economic reform we’ve all been waiting for (Tim Fernholz, Quartz) See also GEI News.
- Mortgage-Bond Auction Failures Reach Most in 2013 as Prices Drop (Jody Shenn, Bloomberg) Reluctance to buy unless government backed.
- Quantitative easing may be most powerful when it ends (Andrew Lilco, The Telgraph) "We won't really know what QE has achieved until we stop doing it."
- Dividends Still in Recessionary Territory (Craig Eyermann, Advisor Perspectives dshort.com)
- Why we have the news media that we deserve (Fabius Maximus) Fabius Maximus contributes to Global Economic Intersection. Don't miss this one.
- On what really is different this time around (Izabella Kaminska, FT Alphaville) Part of a series, Beyond Scarcity.
- NASA's Grand Challenge: Stop Asteroids from Destroying Earth (Clara Moskowitz, Space.com, Scientific American)
- The Fight for Black Men (Joshua BuBois, Newsweek)
"There are more African-Americans on probation, parole or in prison today than there were slaves in 1850. It is not a crisis of crime. It is a crisis of people left behind."
- Austerity anger in Brazil: The BIG LIE of entitlement turns people into flies (Rodger Malcolm Mitchell, Monetary Sovereignty) Rodger Malcolm Litchell contributes to Global Economic Intersection.
- Today's Economy May Make Tax-Deferred 401(k) Plans A Bad Deal (Gary A. Borowiec, Financial Advisor)