Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of today's reading list has a description of the desperate depression in Spain........ and the last article is an essay by Cullen Roche pointing out that money operations are simply accounting while discussion about money is political.
- Spain Is Beyond Doomed: The 2 Scariest Unemployment Charts Ever (Matthew O'Brien, The Atlantic) Hat hips to Steve Keen and Ann Pettifor.
- Today’s Dream House May Not Be Tomorrow’s (Robert J. Shiller, The New York Times)
- Democrats ask: What debt crisis? (Ben White and Tarini Parti, Politico)
- Real GDP Up; Real Final Sales Down/Was the Economy Stronger or Weaker in the First Quarter? (Bob McTeer, National Center for Policy Analysis)
- Public and Private Sector Payroll Jobs: Bush and Obama (Bill McBride, Calculated Risk) The data is far different than the political discourse.
- Army Says No to More Tanks, But Congress Insists (Richard Lardner, Associated Press) Hat tip to Dan Flemming.
- Jamie Dimon Has Issues (or Meet The Idiot Selling Gold) (Mark McHugh, Across the Street) Hat tip to Dan Flemming.
- Black Voter Turnout Higher Than White Voter Turnout In 2012 (Doug Matacounis, Outside the Beltway)
- The Power of Understanding Monetary Realism (Cullen Roche, Pragmatic Capitalism) Point taken that the operation of money is apolitical while many who argue about it defend political views based on political bias.