Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of today's reading list has the latest from Yves Smith on foreclosure fraud ........ and the last article asks if the Federal reserve is creating the next financial crisis.
- Wells Fargo’s “Reprehensible” Foreclosure Abuses Prove Incompetence and Collusion of OCC (Yves Smith, Naked Capitalism) The latest from the leading expert on mortgage fraud.
- World GDP (The Economist) Not a pretty picture.
- The Icelandic Putsch (David Bollier) Hat tip to Tom Hickey, Mike Norman Economics. A case study of the case that modern government dominated by plutocratic interests is the problem. How things have changed in just 35 years.
- As Market Heats Up, Trading Slips Into Shadows (Nathaniel Popper, The New York Times) Wall Street is embracing its dark side.
- The message sent by America's invisible victims (Glenn Greenwald, The Guardian, 31 March 2013) What we all really know but don't think about.
- Rob Kall — Paul Craig Roberts Transcript; Part 1-- The Biggest Economic Disaster in History, Globalism, the Undoings of the West (Tom Hickey, Mike Norman Economics) Are the right and the left meeting on the far side of the moon?
- The Secret Player Who Could End ‘Too Big To Fail’ (Josh Boak, The Fiscal Times)
- Lessons From the Newest Electronic Money – Bitcoin (Cullen Roche, Pragmatic Capitalism) See also Bitcoins and Tulips.
- The Next Korean War (Kier Lieber and Daryl G. Press, Foreign Affairs, 01 April 2013) Conflict With North Korea Could Go Nuclear -- But Washington Can Reduce the Risk.