Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of today's reading list has Martin Wolf explaining why bankers are intellectually naked ........ and the last two articles are about the bias of economists.
- Why bankers are intellectually naked (Martin Wolf, Financial Times) A definitive explanation of the industry’s economics warns the causes of the financial crisis have not gone away and will return.
- Sequestration Slashes Scholarships for Children of Iraq and Afghanistan War Casualties and Military Members (Sarah Parnass, ABC News)
- Chinese factories struggle to keep staff (Rahul Jacob, Financial Times) China is encountering a shrinking labor force as a result of the one child policy.
- 10 scenic spring drives (MSN) The editor needs to get in his car - hasn't done four of these.
- A U.S. Housing Recovery Like Never Before? (Alex Carrick, Reed Construction Data)
- Debt-Friendly Stimulus (Robert Shiller, Project Syndicate)
- Google Launches Notes Service, Google Keep – Lookout Apple, Evernote? (Danny Sullivan, Marketing Land) Hat tip to Alun Hill.
- Rich nations should let inflation rise -World Bank economist (Reuters, 19 March 2013)
- A Profession With an Egalitarian Core (Tyler Cowen, The New York Times) See next article as well.
- Finally, Economists Acknowledge That They're Biased (Pascal-Emmanuel Gobry, Forbes) Discussion of previous article.