Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of today's reading list is .Barry Ritholtz's view on trends in finance for 2013........ and the last story is how spending cuts have contributed to deficit reduction.
- 10 trends to watch in ﬁnance for 2013 (Barry Ritholtz, The Washington Post)
- Ending the Silence on Climate Change (Barry Ritholtz, The Big Picture)
- Given Tablets but No Teachers, Ethiopian Children Teach Themselves (David Talbot, MIT Technology Review) Hat tip to Dvice.
- The True Story Of The Time JP Morgan Saved America From Default By Using An Obscure Coin Loophole (Rob Wile, Business Insider) More than 100 years ago another Congress tried to bankrupt the United States and it took a coin trick to save the day. More funny money here and here. Hat tip to The Marvin Clark Daily.
- Wall Street thanks you for your service, Tim Geithner (Dean Baker, The Guardian) Dean Baker is an ocassional contributor to Global Economic Intersection.
- Glenn Beck Attempts a Laughable Make Over as a Libertarian (John Avalon, The Daily Beast)
- Such Total Nonsense … (Larry Edelson, Money and Markets) Very appropriate title! Hat tip to Sig Silber.
- Repudiate the National Debt (Wendy McElroy, Explore Freedom)
- The Government Lied When It Said It Only Bailed Out Healthy Banks … 12 of the 13 Big Banks Were Going Bust (Washington's Blog)
- Since 2011, Three-Quarters Of Deficit Reduction Has Been Via Spending Cuts (Pat Garofalo, Think Progress) See Paul Kasriel's analysis at Global Economic Intersection.