Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of today's reading list says the U.S.eeds another $1.4 trillion in deficit cuts to stabilize the debt ......... and the last two stories address how to spend what we need to spend to support the economy.
- To Stabilize the Debt, Policymakers Should Seek Another $1.4 Trillion in Deficit Savings (Richard Kogan, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities)
- The Danger Lurking Behind the Platinum Coin (Eric Posner, Slate) Hat tip to Alice Marshall.
- Controversial, Not Controversial (Brennan v. Hagel, Big Oil v. Solar & other Media Hypocrisies) (Juan Cole, Informed Comment) Hat tip to Fabius Maximus.
- Vikings Grew Cannabis, Findings Reveal (Jacob Sloan, disinformnation) Hat tip to Roger Erickson.
- The wrong goodbye of Barnes and Noble (Dennis Johnson, Melville House)
- Manufacturing the future: The next era of global growth and innovation (McKinsey Global Institute)
- Libor Scandal: Deutsche Bank Went ‘All In’ (Larry Doyle, Sense on Cents)
- The 4-Week Manipulated Move in Oil Prices is Criminal (EconMatters)
- Sovereign Spending and Public Goods (J.D. Alt, New Economic Perspectives)
- How to Pay for What We Need (Richard Striner, The American Scholar) Hat tip to Roger Erickson.