Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of our reading list is a review of William Hogeland's book on finance, elitism and the American revolution ...... and the last article is Barry Ritholtz describing the single most bullish thing he has seen this year.
- William Hogeland: How Big Finance Won the American Revolution (David V. Johnson, Boston Review via Reader Supported News) Hat tip to Roger Erickson. We were elitist from our very founding.
- DOJ Refuses to Indict HSBC For Money Laundering Explicitly Because It is Too Big To Fail (Matt Stoller, Naked Capitalism) Also see our article on this topic.
- Who's Calling the Shots: Buyers or Sellers? (Daily Real Estate News, Realtor Mag)
- And The Scrooge Award Goes To .... American Business! (Henry Blodget, LinkedIn)
- How To Spot Knockoff Labels And Fake Products (Investopedia)
- Proposal for Maine State Bank Back on Legislative Agenda (Tom Porter, Maine Public Broadcasting Network) Hat tip to Public Banking Institute.
- A NASDAQ 100 Breakout? (Frank Ochoa, Daily Markets)
- From Bernie Madoff to Steven Cohen, Enabling Suspiciously High Returns (Jesse Eisinger, Pro Publica)
- Post Traumatic Crash Disorder (Barry Ritholtz, The Big Picture) "...the single most bullish thing I have read this year..." Barry Ritholtz.