For women who like attractive makeup and want to protect their natural hair, there is no better choice than wigs. There are many speculations about how long the wig can be kept. The beauty about wigs is that the better you care for them, the longer they last. Today, the question we are going to discuss is how long you can keep your wig and cover some simple things that can extend your life.
How long can you keep a wig on?
The answer to this question is that it does vary depending on the type of wig you use, the skill of the hair stylist, the speed of hair growth, the tightness of the natural hair wig care guidelines, and other factors.
But the quick answer is: it depends on the chemical composition of the adhesive you use. Some adhesives are short-term, while others can stick the wig for several weeks (4-6 months). You should choose the correct glue, otherwise it will damage your edges.
Usually: The lace front wig can be bonded for up to six weeks. The length of time you can keep the wig before the lace actually depends on which method and product you use and the body chemistry.
I do not recommend wearing glue wigs for a long time because your hair needs attention. Wash and moisturize regularly. Wigs are a great way to enhance your beauty, but they cannot replace original healthy hair. The chemical composition of the adhesive determines its retention time.
Remove glue: There are many wig removers on the market. For example, C22 spray glue remover can dissolve glue to remove and replace wigs. Medical alcohol with an alcohol content of 90% or higher is also a good choice.
The life of a wig depends entirely on how you care for your wig or hair system. If maintenance is carried out daily, a high-quality wig can last for about 4 months. The composition of the wig or hair system also greatly affects the service life of the wig.
Tips to prolong the service life of wigs
1. Wear less wigs
If you wear wigs every day, you may want to consider buying two wigs and rotating them. The fewer times you wear the wig, the longer the duration. In addition, the rotation allows you to properly protect your wig during the “rest” days.
2. Take care of your wig
If you comb your wig after use, clean it with the correct shampoo and conditioner, and follow all the guidelines of top wig suppliers and designers, your wig will have a longer lifespan.
3. Wig styling
When using heated styling products such as hair straighteners and curling irons, it is recommended to use the lowest possible setting and use a lot of heat styling protection products instead of using styling products near the roots of the hair.
It is best to use rollers instead of heated styling products to shape the wet wig. This is the best way to extend the life of the wig, but it is not always feasible.
4. Store the wig
When you are not wearing a wig, you should always store it on the wig holder, away from excessive heat, humidity and direct sunlight. If you need to carry your wig with you, please use a wig holder and a wig box to ensure that it will not be damaged or deformed during the journey.
There are a few things you should do when wearing a wig.
Wash and Condition Your Human Hair Wigs
▪ Rinse with cold water and rinse with warm water. (The water should be at room temperature or slightly warmer.)
▪ Put a small drop of high-quality mild shampoo on wet hair (avoid the scalp area). Don’t rub your hair or scalp like you do with your own hair.
▪ Gently hit down once at a time to make the shampoo comb through from top to bottom. Don’t scrub your hair.
▪ Gently pour some soapy water into the inside of the cap. Do not scrub the lid.
▪ Rinse again with cold water to suck warm water from top to bottom and from the inside of the cap to remove excess shampoo.
▪ Use a towel to gently dry your hair.
▪ You can now apply some conditioner on wet hair. Avoid the scalp area as the conditioner may get knotted.
▪ Rinse off some cold cap conditioner and only allow a small amount of hair to stay in the warm water.
Prevent wigs from twisting
▪ Sometimes, the wig may be tangled or hung on the neck because the back and shoulder area of the friction connection is upward. Thinning hair is more likely to gather-this is completely normal.
▪ To avoid tangles, the best way is to brush the wig and a small drop of oil once a day to complete daily work. It is very important to maintain a healthy wig and prevent the hair from drying and struggling, because it does not absorb natural oils from the head.
Although human hair wigs are more expensive than synthetic wigs, human hair wigs have a more natural appearance. At the same time, the duration depends on your care. The better you do, the longer it lasts.
This is why it is necessary to protect human hair wigs. You need to do something to protect your investment and make the wig look for years.
If you don’t know where to buy high-quality wigs online, maybe you can try to search Cynosure hair online, you can choose human hair lace front wig, full lace wig, 360 lace wig, transparent lace wig and other fashionable wigs. Now sell any texture and color.
Buy from Cynosure online wig shop, these wigs are natural and the price is competitive. It is an online wig company that has been in the wig business for many years. Their hair quality has been recognized by many Youtubers, and at the same time, as an OEM factory, you can rest assured that you can get high-quality human wigs at a very affordable price.