Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of today’s reading list has two articles discussing what Larry Summers would do a Fed chairman …….. and the last two articles show the hard data on damage that Obama’s big government is doing to the economy.
- Here’s what Larry Summers would do at the Fed (Zachary Goldfarb, The Washington Post) Bernanke II.
- Former Senior White House Official On Larry Summers Nomination: ‘It Really Does Need To Be Stopped’ (Ryan Grim, The Huffington Post) Larry does not play well with others.
- The Cold, Hard Realities of Arctic Shipping (Stephen M. Carmel, Proceedings Magazine, U.S. Naval Institute, July 2013) See also GEI News about the arctic.
- Declaring the Grand Bargain Dead is Premature (Joe Firestone, New Economic Perspectives) Joe Firestone contributes to Global Economic Intersection.
- The Syrian Effects on Crude Oil, Not What You May Think (Matt Williamson, The FX Scorcher, LinkedIn)
- Do Not Invest Social Security Benefits, Expert Says (Karen McMaster, Financial Advisor) Taking Social Security earlier than it is needed for income in order to invest it is a very poor choice.
- ‘Obamacare’ insurance costs affordable, Kaiser survey finds (Alex Wayne, Employee Benefit Advisor) Read the comments left on this article.
- How soot forced the end of the Little Ice Age in 1860s Europe (Nicole Casal Moore, University of Michigan News Service)
- Public and Private Sector Payroll Jobs: Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama (Bill McBride, Calculated Risk) Is this proof that Obama loves Big Government?
Click on graph for larger image at Calculated Risk.
- Can The Ongoing U.S. Labor Market Weakness Be Traced To The Biggest Loss Of Government Jobs Since WWII? (Mark J. Perry, Carpe Diem, American Enterprise Institute)
“Without the losses in government jobs at the state and local levels dragging down job growth, the overall U.S. labor market would be doing much better right now.”
Do we also have proof here that Obama hates business?