Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of today’s reading list is from Foreign Affairs, entitled “America’s Energy Opportunity“…….. and the last article is a must read for all who believe in free markets (by Matt Taibbi).
- America’s Energy Opportunity (Michael Levi, Foreign Affairs) Available without subscription only before May 19.
- IBM applies supercomputer cooling to solar collector for 80% efficiency (Jonathan Fincher, gizmag)
- Feds spend at least $890,000 on fees for empty accounts (David A. Fahrenthold, Washington Post) Hat tip to Dan Flemming.
- The Economic Argument Is Over — Paul Krugman Has Won (Henry Blodget, Business Insider) Quite a victory for one who is wrong on so many things. Econintersect agrees Krugman has won the austerity argument but the victory speaks volume about the quality of his opponents.
- Spreadsheet Risk – Should We Ban Excel? (Andrew Waxman, Advanced Trading, 25 April 2013))
- Who Was Really Behind The Twitter Hack That Wiped Out $136 Billion? (Melanie Rodier, Wall Street & Technology, 25 April 2013)
- Why American Education Fails (Jal Mehta, Foreign Affairs) Available without subscription only before May 19.
- $2 Trillion Underground Economy May Be Recovery’s Savior (Mark Koba, CNBC) Hat tip to Sig Silber.
- Macon Money (rajiv Sethi)
- Everything Is Rigged: The Biggest Price-Fixing Scandal Ever (Matt Taibbi, Rolling Stone) Hat tip to Dan Flemming. If you believe regulation hinders free markets, you MUST read this.