Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of today’s reading list has Bruce Bartlett discussing how opinions about taxes are shifting …….. and the last three articles are about gold’s historic crash.
- What People Think About Taxes (Bruce Bartlett, The New York Times) Shifting public opinion about taxes.
- Mars Colony Project to Begin Astronaut Search by July (Rob Coppinger, Space.com) Want to volunteer? It’s a one-way trip. There will eventually be a new first – first human buried on Mars.
- Too big to fail (Steve Duno, MSN Causes) Not banks, bison.
- How Bleak is the U.K.’s Economic Future (Meghan Foley, Wall St. Cheat Sheet)
- Reinhart and Rogoff Fight Back (Gil Weinrich, AdvisorOne) See also GEI News and GEI Opinion.
- How Much Unemployment Was Caused by Reinhart and Rogoff’s Arithmetic Mistake? (Center for Economic Policy Research) A brief essay with a few more perspectives on Reinhart Rogoff.
- Elementary misuse of spreadsheet data leaves millions unemployed (Bill Mitchell, Billy Blog) A great broad discussion connected to Reinhart and Rogoff, but covering much more with a myraid of links. This article discusses the sovereign currency question highlighted by GEI News yesterday.
- Force Majeure Was the End Game All Along, COMEX Will Default in the Next Week! (Bill H, Silver Doctors) Very scary! Econintersect has not verified that this is reliable. Hat tip to doubleguns.
- Traders See Shades of 1980s in Gold’s Record Slide (Tetyana Shumsky, The Wall Street Journal)
- The day gold died (David Weidner, MarketWatch, 16 April 2013) A hundred years of gold bear markets.
Leave a Reply