Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of today’s reading list has an empirical nail for the austerity coffin (by Steve Keen) …….. and the last article is about Cyprus, the next blunder.
- An empirical nail for the austerity coffin (Steve Keen, Business Spectator, 16 February 2013) Steve Keen is a Global Economic Intersection contributor.
- More Than One Universe? Bring ‘Em On! (Robert Krulwich, Krulwich Wonders, 06 April 2010) Ever wonder what would have happened if there had been a blogosphere when imaginary numbers were “discovered?”
- Who’s Behind the Curtain of Treasury Nominee Jack Lew’s Funny Money (Pam Martens, Wall Street on Parade, 25 February 2013) Some might call what is charged “sleazy activity” but others might call it “just doing business.” Hat tip to Dan Flemming.
- Billionaire Bill Gates blasts capitalism saying that it’s the reason why research for ‘male baldness gets more funding than malaria’ (Daily Mail Reporter, 15 March 2013) Hat tip to Russell Huntley, Soft Currency Economics.
- About China’s real estate bubble: fact and fiction (Fabius Maximus, 17 March 2013) Fabius Maximus is a Global Economic Intersection contributor.
- The Meaning of America (Rodger Malcolm Mitchell, Monetary Sovereignty) Rodger Malcolm Mitchell is a Global Economic Intersection contributor.
- In prison for 34 years, but ‘God knows I’m innocent’ (Mandy Locke, News & Observer, 17 March 2013)
- All sides embrace tax reform that won’t happen (Albert R. Hunt, Bloomberg, Investment News, 17 March 2013) Chances of substantial overhaul slim to none; lip service.
- New global BIS database shows explosion in total credit (Central Bank News) Peter Nielsen of Central Bank News is a Global Economic Intersection contributor.