Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of today’s reading list has the latest from Emmanuel Saez on income inequality …….. and the last article is a lengthy bio of Aaron Swartz.
- Taxing Away Inequality: A Conversation with Emmanuel Saez (David Grusky, Boston Review) See GEI News.
- Tamed Dragon Supply Ship Arrives at Space Station (Marcia Dunn, Associated Press) Read other GEI News stories about SpaceX.
- Stunning List of Economists, Financial Experts and Bankers Say We Need to Break Up the Big Banks (Washington’s Blog) More than 50 well-known names are on this list. Washington’s Blog is a Global Economic Intersection contributor. See also Business Insider article about Senate action.
- Five Critiques of Arthur Laffer’s Supply-Side Model Show Tax Cuts as Junk Economics (Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy) There is a sixth: See GEI News. Hat tip to Naked Capitalism.
- Is the college student in this story your Congressman? (The Political Commentator)
- Obama Renews Offer to Cut Social Safety Net in Big Budget Deal (Reuters) Hat tip to Soft Currency Economics.
- It’s Always the Best Time to Buy (Jim Quinn, The Burning Platform) Hat tip to Sig Silber.
- There’s Nothing Strange About The Huge Run Up In Gas Prices (Sam Ro, Business Insider)
- Five Steps for Gaining Control of Your Investments and Avoiding Mistakes (Carl Richards, AAII)