Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of today’s reading list has “Suicide by Sequestration”…….. and the last article is about 30 years of financial inefficiency.
- Suicide by Sequestration (John T. Harvey, Forbes) See also The Coming Recession: How Fiscal Responsibility is Economic Suicide. Hat tip to Roger Erikson.
- Arkansas law jails tenants who don’t pay their rent (David Ferguson, The Raw Story, 09 February 2013) Land of razorbacks and rentiers. Hat tip to Russell Huntley.
- Jack Lew’s Grotesque Citi Employment Deal and the Institutionalization of Corruption (Yves Smith, Naked Capitalism)
- The sad record of fiscal austerity (Martin Wolf, Financial Times, 26 February 2013)
- Forze team unveils new hydrogen-powered racer (Angus MacKenzie, gizmag, 26 February 2013)
- Boeing’s hydrogen-powered Phantom Eye goes higher for longer on second flight (Darreb Quick, gizmag, 26 February 2013) Four days of flight without refueling?
- Whoa! Did the mining boom just peak? (Leith van Onselen, Macro Business, 27 February 2013) Is the Australian economy rolling over or is this just another head fake?
- CalPERS votes to divest from two manufacturers of firearms (Dale Kasler, The Scramento Bee, 27 February 2013) Time to sell? Hat tip to Roger Erickson.
- Why It’s Harder to Love Someone in This Era of Extreme Capitalism (Lynn Parramore, Alternet)
- 30 years of financial inefficiency (Arjun Jayadev, Triple Crisis, 26 February 2013) Suction marks left by the giant vampire squid!