Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of today’s reading list is the story of how government regulation got its start in the nineteenth century ……… and the last three articles discuss China’s economic options.
- The Horrific Accident That Created the Regulatory State (Robert Gudmestad, Bloomberg)
- The Bernanke Shock (Peter Schiff, Advisor Perspectives)
- America’s New Progressive Era? (Jeffrey Sachs, Project Syndicate)
- How do our leaders see us? Don the shoes of the 1%. Look down on the 99%. Describe the view. (Fabius Maximus)
- The End-of-Science Bandwagon is Getting Crowded (John Horgan, Scientific American)
- The Brilliance of the Dog Mind (Gareth Cook, Scientific American)
- More than one Brain behind Einstein’s E=mc2 (Scientific Computing)
- China’s Narrowing Policy Horizons (Yu Yongding, Project Syndicate)
- China’s Last Soft Landing? (Stephen S. Roach, Project Syndicate)
- The Limits of China’s Consumer Revolution (Zhang Monan, Project Syndicate)