Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of today’s reading list has three articles about the origins and history of the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution (the first describes attempts to “manage” that history) ……… and the last story is Bill McBride’s (Calculated Risk) very optimistic view of the future.
- The Second Amendment was Ratified to Preserve Slavery (Thom Hartmann, Truthout)
- Second amendment scholarship (using money to reshape America) (Fabius Maximus)
- The Hidden History of the Second Amendment (Carl T. Bogardus, Violence Policy Center)
- How Walt Disney Cashes In on Corporate Welfare (Yael Ossowski, reason.com) Hat tip to Roger Erickson.
- GAO Report Tells Americans: Buy More Annuities! (Jim Fink, Investing Daily) Jim Fink is an occassional contributor to Global Economic Intersection.
- Regulators to crack down on phony AUM (Dan Jamieson, Investment News) AUM = Assets Under Management
- America Should Declare Bankruptcy: Doug Casey (Rodger Malcolm Mitchell, Monetary Sovereignty)
- AIG seeks to sue mortgage banks (Arthur D. Postal, Life Health Pro)
- New Ruling on Mortgage Putbacks a Potential Huge Win for Banks (Naked Capitalism)
- The Future’s so Bright … (Bill McBride, Calculated Risk)