Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of today’s reading list has an article about how the government of Spain is raiding pension funds to cover government expenditures……… and the last story from Al Jezeera says that the U.S. will become a net energy exporter.
- Spain Drains Fund Backing Pensions (Global Insolvency, from The Wall Street Journal) €7 billion grabbed by Spanish government so far. Hat tip to Roger Erickson.
- Prepare for Social Security Warfare in 2013 (Nilus Mattive, Money and Markets)
- Tax Avoidance On the Rise: It’s Twice the Amount of Social Security and Medicare (Paul Buchheit, The Cagle Post) Hat tip to Fabius Maximus.
- India’s Gold Mania (Douglas French, Laissez Faire Club)
- End Of Pain In Sight For Gold? (OptionsXpress)
- Finding Little Evidence Of Foreclosure Fraud, Feds Give Up (Daniel Fisher, Forbes) Put this one in the category of “Paid Commercial.” It is either that or incompetency if the copywriter was not well-paid by a sponsor. Poor Daniel doesn’t even understand control fraud. See Roger Erickson.
- Social Security’s Old Forecasting Method Hides New Time Bomb, Researchers Say (Gil Weinrich, AdvisorOne) Read how this “time bomb” could remove two years of solvency from Social Security.
- Eight Novel ETFs Looking to Break Out In 2013 (Brad Zigler, Wealth Management)
- US to become ‘net energy exporter’ (Chris Arsenault, Al Jazeera)