Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of our reading list is an article about the dangers of reverse mortgages …… and the last article (from Casey Research) discusses investing in platinum.
- Reverse Mortgages Pose Big Risks for Seniors, Warn Attorneys and U.S. Officials (Jim Avila and Serena Marshall, ABC News, AOL Real Estate) Hat tip to Naked Capitalism.
- The Debt Limit Is the Real Fiscal Cliff (Bruce Bartlett, The New York Times)
- 10 of the World’s Most Insulting Fees (Stacy Johnson, Money Talk News)
- Bearish Engulfing Pattern (Investor Glossary, Chart of the Day)
- The Volatility Discrepancy That Could Move the Market (Todd Salamone, Schaefffer’s Investment Research)
- Great Gifts: Adirondack Waterfall Guide (The Adirondack Almanack)
- Urban Legend: Can City Planning Shed Its Pseudoscientific Stigma? (Sarah Fecht, Scientific American) Hat tip to Sidney Wong at Penn Institute for Urban Research.
- Global Carbon Budget 2012 (Global Carbon Project)
- Will Apple’s Creation Of Over 600,000 Jobs Satisfy These Top Institutional Investors? (Deann Martin, Wall St. Cheat Sheet)
- Platinum: Fear vs. Fundamentals (Andrey Dashkov, Casey Daily Dispatch)