Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today’s list.
The top of our reading list has an NBER article with analysis of the employment population reversal of the 2000s …… and the last is an assessment of the implementation of Obamacare.
- The U.S. Employment Population Reversal in the 2000s: Facts and Explanations (Robert A. Moffitt, NBER)
- Is austerity about to hit the EU? (Charlemagne, The Economist)
- Alf Young: Cashing in on state-owned banking (News Scotsman)
- Futures in literature from the past (Nathan Yau, Flowing Data) We can’t quite figure this one out. How about you?
- Craziness on Three Continents (William K. Black, New Economic Perspectives)
- The President Asked Us to Push Him: Here’s a To-Do List to Get Us Started (Arianna Huffington, Huffington Post via LinkedIn)
- Colombia Cuts Rate 25 Bps, Growth Slower Than Expected (CentralBankNews, Daily Markets)
- Shadow banking hits $67 trillion globally; task force (John O’Donnell and Douwe Miedema, Reuters)
- The impact of PPACA rules (Arthur D. Postal, Life Health Pro) Analysts give high praise to Obamacare rollout. Consumer benefits are mentioned, but insurers seem to be among the biggest winners.