by Diane Alter
The top dividend-paying stocks offer more than high yield. They also steadily raise their dividends.
Companies that continue to grow dividends are the "best compounders," Don Kilbride, portfolio manager of the Vanguard Dividend Growth Fund, told Barron's.
With that in mind, check out the following list of high-yield dividend stocks that increased their payouts so far in November.
Dividend Stocks That Raised Payouts in November
- Acadia Realty Trust (NYSE: AKR) lifted its dividend 9.5% to $0.23 from $0.21. Shares yield 3.5%.
- Access Midstream Partners (NYSE: ACMP) increased its quarterly dividend 10.3% to $0.53 from $0.48. Shares yield 4.05%.
- Aflac Inc. (NYSE: AFL) hiked its dividend for the 31st year in a row. Its new quarterly payout is $0.37, up $0.02, or 5.7% from its previous dividend. Shares yield 2.28%.
- Aircastle Ltd. (NYSE: AYR) enhanced its dividend 21.2% to $0.20 per share, up from $0.16. Shares yield 4.29%.
- Alliance Holdings Gr (Nasdaq: AHGP) upped its dividend 2.9% to $0.80 from $0.78. The stock yields 5.58%.
- American Assets Trust (NYSE:AAT) raised its 4.8% to $0.22 per share from $0.21. Shares yield 2.7%.
- Amer Midstream Partners LP (NYSE: AMID) lifted its dividend 4.6% to $0.45 a share, up from $0.43. Shares boast a 7.85% yield.
- Arrow Financial Corp. (Nasdaq: AROW) sweetened its dividend 2.0% to $0.25 per share. The stock yield 3.87%.
- Barclay PLC (NYSE: BCS) boosted its dividend to $0.60 per share. The 2.4% increase gives the bank shares a 2.28% yield.
- BOK Financial (Nasdaq: BOKF) raised its dividend 5.3% to $0.40 per share, up from $0.38. Shares yield 2.57%.
- BP PLC (NYSE: BP) increased its dividend 5.6% to $0.57, up from $0.53, giving shares a 6% yield.
- BreltBurn Energy Partners (Nasdaq: BBEP) lifted its dividend 1.6% to $0.4875 per share. It now carries a 10.14% yield.
- Buckeye Partners LP (NYSE BPL) hiked its dividend 1.2% to $1.075 a share from $1.062. Shares yield 6.38%.
The Best Dividend Strategy for Building Wealth in the Low-Yield Era: Generating good investment income isn't easy, but dividend-paying stocks can be your ticket to wealth. Here's how to get started.
- Calavo Growers (Nasdaq: CVGW) raised its annual dividend to $0.70 per share, up from $0.65. The 7.7% increase gives shares a 2.5% yield.
- Canadian Natural Res. Ltd. (NYSE: CNQ) lifted its dividend to $0.19 a share from $0.11. The 60% increase gives the stock a 2.42% yield.
- CEC Entertainment Inc. (NYSE: CEC) increased its quarterly dividend 12.5% to $0.27 per share, up from 0.24. The stock yields 2.5%.
- Cedar Fair LP (NYSE: FUN) enhanced its dividend 12% to $0.70 a share from $0.62 for a 5.32% yield.
- CONMED Corp. (Nasdaq: CNMD) enriched its dividend 33.3% to $0.20 per share, up from $0.15. Shares yield 2.18%.
- DCP Midstream Partners (NYSE: DPM) upped its quarterly dividend 1.4% to $0.72 per share for a 6% yield.
- Delek Logistics Partners (NYSE: DKL) raised its dividend to $0.40 per share, up from $0.39, a 2.5% increase. The new yield is 5.28%.
- Douglas Emmett Inc. (NYSE: DEI) lifted its dividend 11.1% to $0.20 a share from $0.18. Shares yield 3.38%.
- Embotelladora Adina SA (NYSE: AKO.A) upped its quarterly dividend 275% to $0.54 a share from $0.14. The stock yields 5.26%.
- Emerson Electric Co. (NYSE: EMR) increased its dividend 4.9% to $0.43 a share from $0.41. It marks the 58th consecutive year of dividend increases from the St. Louis based company, which yields 2.54%.
- Empire District Elec Co. (NYSE: EDE) enhanced its dividend 2% to $0.25 per share for a 4.5% yield.
- ENSCO PLC (NYSE: ESV) hiked its dividend to $0.75 a share. Up from $0.50. The 50% increase gives shares a 4.88% yield.
- EV Energy Partners LP (Nasdaq: EVEP) elevated its dividend to $0.77 from $0.76. Shares yield 8.58%.
- Excel Trust Inc. (NYSE: EXL) upped its dividend 2.9% to $0.17 a share for a 4.88% yield.
- Federal Realty Inv Trust (NYSE: FRT) boosted its dividend 6.8% to $0.78 per share, up from $0.73. The stock yields 3%.
- General Growth Properties (NYSE: GGP) grew its dividend 7.7% to $0.14 per share, up from $0.13. Shares yield 2.73%.
- GEO Group Inc. (NYSE: GEO) raised its dividend 10% to $0.55 a share from $0.50 for a 6.55% yield.
- Golar LNG Partners (Nasdaq: GMLP) upped its dividend to $0.52 per share. The 1.5% increase gives the stock a 6.68% yield.
- Great Plains Energy Inc. (NYSE: GXP) increased its dividend to $0.23 a share, up from $0.21. The 5.7% increase gives the stock a yield of 3.88%.
- Hannon Armstrong Cap Inc. (NYSE: HASI) raised its dividend 133.3% to $0.14 a share from $0.06. Shares yield 4.79%.
- Hercules Tec Growth Cap Inc (NYSE: HTGC) lifted its dividend 10.7% to $0.31 a share from $0.28. Shares boast a 7.64% yield.
- Holly Energy Partners (NYSE: HEP) hiked its dividend 1.5% to $0.49 a share for a 6.16% yield.
Three Dividend Darlings You Need in Your Portfolio: 80-90% of total stock market returns come from dividends and reinvestment of those dividends. These three stocks offer superior payouts and long-term growth potential - get them here.
- Innophos Hldgs (Nasdaq: IPHS) increased its dividend to $0.40 per share, up from $0.35 for a 3.5% yield.
- J2 Global Inc. (Nasdaq: JCOM) juiced its dividend 3% to $0.25 a share, up from $0.24. Shares yield 2.26%.
- KAR Auction Services Inc. (NYSE: KAR) raised its dividend to $0.25 a share from $0.19. The stock yields 3.53%.
- Kimco Realty Corp (NYSE: KIM) hoisted its dividend to $0.22 a share from $0.21. The new yield is 4.26%.
- Maiden Holdings Ltd (Nasdaq: MHLD) increased its dividend to $0.11 per share, up from $0.09. The 22.2% increase gives shares a 3.74% yield.
- Main Street Capital Corp (NYSE: MAIN) raised its dividend 3.1% to $0.165 a share for a 6.34% yield.
- MDC Partners (Nasdaq: MDCA) moved its dividend to $0.24 per share, up from $0.17. The stock yields 3.14%.
- Medallion Fincl Corp (Nasdq: TAXI) boosted its dividend 4.5% to $0.23 a share, up from $0.22. Shares yield 5.8%.
- Mercury General Corp (NYSE: MCY) raised its dividend 0.4% to $0.615 per share for a 5.3% yield.
- Mesa Labs Inc (Nasdaq: MLAB) moved up its dividend to $0.15 a share from $0.14, a 7.1% hike.
- Microchip Tech Inc. (Nasdaq: MCHP) upped its dividend 0.1% to $0.354 per share. The new yield is 3.34%.
- NBT Bancorp Inc. (Nasdaq: NBTB) raised its dividend 5% to $0.21 per share, up from $0.20. Shares yield 3.32%.
- North Eur Oil Royalty Tr (NYSE: NRT) enriched its dividend 8.2% to $0.53 per share, up from $0.49. The new yield is 9.59%.
- Northstar Realty Finance Corp. (NYSE: NRF) boosted its dividend 5% to $0.21 per share, up from $0.20. Shares yield 9%.
- NVIDIA Corp. (Nasdaq: NVDA) hiked its dividend 0.8% to $0.58 a share for a 2.19% yield.
- Och-Ziff Capital Mgmt Group LLC (NYSE: OZM) upped its dividend to $0.25 a share from $0.14. The 78.6% increase gives shares a 11% yield.
- Pennsylvania REIT (NYSE: PEI) plumped up its dividend 11.1% to $0.20 a share from $0.18. The stock yields 4.7%.
- Preferred Apts Cmnts Inc. (NYSE: APTS) raised its dividend 6.7% to $0.15 a share from $0.14 for a near 8% yield.
- Ralph Lauren Corp Cl A (NYSE: RL) gussied up its quarterly dividend to $0.45 a share from $0.40, a 12.5% boost.
- Rockwell Automation (NYSE: ROK) rocked its dividend higher by 11.5% to $0.58 a share from $0.52. Shares yield 2.08%.
- S&T Bancorp (Nasdaq: STBA) hoisted its dividend 6.7% to $0.16 per share from $0.15 for a 2.7% yield.
- Safe Bulkers Inc. (NYSE: SB) bulked up its dividend by 20% to $0.06 a share from $0.05. The stock has a 2.88% yield.
Build your fortune with three of the best dividend-paying stocks today: Three Companies with Superior Payouts and Long-Term Growth Potential
- Sandy Springs Bancorp Inc. (Nasdaq: SASR) upped its dividend 12.5% to $0.18 per share from $0.16. The stock yields 3%.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit Intl Inc (NYSE: SWM) boosted its dividend 20% to $0.36 a share from $0.30 for a 2.75% yield.
- Seadrill Partners LLC (NYS: SDLP) increased its dividend 2.4% to $0.4275 per share for a 5.16% yield.
- Seagate Tech PLC (Nasdaq: STX) sweetened its quarterly dividend 13% to $0.43 per share from $0.38. This marks the fourth boost since the company reinstated its dividend in April 2011. The stock's yield is 3.7%.
- Simulations Plus Inc. (NYSE: SLP) lifted its dividend 33.3% to 0.04 per share, up from $0.03, for a 3% yield.
- Southside Bancshares Inc. (Nasdaq: SBSI) moved its dividend north by 5% to $0.21 a share from $0.20. Shares carry a yield of 3.12%.
- Susser Petroleum Partners LP (NYSE: SUSP) upped its quarterly dividend 3.5% to $0.468 a share. The stock yields 5.7%.
- Synalloy Corp. (Nasdaq: SYNL) sweetened its annual dividend to $0.26 a share, up from $0.25. The 4% increase gives shares a near 20% yield.
- Territorial Bancorp Inc. (Nasdaq: TBNK) moved its dividend up to $0.14 per share from $0.13. The 7.7% increase gives shares a 2.5% yield.
- Tesoro Logistics LP (Nasdaq: TLLP) raised its dividend 6.9% to $0.54 per share, up from $0.51. Shares yield better than 4%.
- Teva Pharma Indus. Ltd (NYSE: TEVA) lifted its dividend 1.3% to $0.326 per share for a 4.14% yield.
- Universal Corp. (NYSE: UVV) boosted its dividend 2% to $0.51 a share, up from $0.50 for a 4% yield.
- Utah Medical Products Inc. (Nasdaq: UTMD) upped its dividend 2% to $0.25 from $0.24. Shares yield 2%.
- Vectren Corp (NYSE: VVC) hiked its dividend 1.4% to $0.36 a share. Shares yield 4.14%.
- W&T Offshore Inc. (NYSE: WTI) raised its dividend 11.1% to $0.10 a share, up from $0.09 for a 2.23% yield.
- Williams Partners LP (NYSE: WPZ) increased its dividend 1.7% to $0.87 per share for a 7% yield.
- Growth Is the New Income: The Only (Reliable) Way to Make 10% or More a Year Now
[AKR, ACMP, AFL, AYR, AHGP, AAT, AMID, AROW, BCS, BOKF, BP, BBEP, BPL, CVGW, CNQ, CEC, FUN, CNMD, DPM, DKL, DEI, AKO.A, NYSE, EMR, EDE, ESV, EVEP, EXL, FRT, GGP, GEO, GMLP, GXP, HASI, HTGC, HEP, MDCA, TAXI, MLAB, MCHP, NBTB, NRT, NRF, RL, APTS, PEI, ROK, SB, SASRSTX, SLP, TEVA, TLLP, UVV, UTMD, VVC, WTI, WPZ, SUSP, SYNL]