Written by Frank Li
Happy New Year!
I kicked off 2013 with an open letter to President Obama (The First 2013 Open Letter to President Obama), spelling out his opportunity of making history as follows:
- American history: He could be as great in American history as George Washington.
- Human history: He could become one of the greatest peaceful transformational leaders in human history, like China's Deng Xiaoping.
Unfortunately, President Obama is missing his opportunity. Worse yet, he has been clearly in a race to the bottom with JFK (Longevity: American Democracy vs. Soviet Communism). So let me kick off 2014 by comparing President Obama with Chairman Mao.
President Obama is similar to Chairman Mao in two major aspects:
- They both knew how to win power, solely because of their personal brilliance, in accordance with their respective times.
- Neither had any skill, or even desire, to actually govern, resulting in each being a huge disaster to their respective countries.
1. Winning power
Both Mao Zedong and Barack Obama came from humble origins. Mao was the son of peasants, while Obama is the son of a black man from Kenya and a white woman from Kansas, a cross-continent inter-racial marriage, certainly a rarity at that time ...
Both young Mao and young Obama proved to be extremely ambitious men.
What set them apart from the rest was they knew how to achieve their ambitions better than anybody else in their respective times! Specifically,
- Mao was a brilliant military strategist. He formed and mobilized his red army to defeat all his enemies, including the mighty Kuomintang supported by the U.S.
- Obama was a community organizer, with an intimate understanding of American democracy. He segregated and mobilized his forces to defeat the mighty Clintons before winning the White House.
In short, they both understood "mob rule", which is the common ground between democracy and communism.
For more, read my book: "Saving America, Chinese Style".
Neither Chairman Mao nor President Obama had a clue about governing.
President Obama, throughout his first term, worked for one purpose only: getting re-elected ad nauseam. He seems to know only one way of solving big problems: giving a speech at a campaign-style rally, which he often calls "taking it to the people"! As a result, he has brought disasters to America one after another. Four examples:
- The escalation of the war in Afghanistan in 2009 for his personal gain. For more, read: For Obama the Road to Reelection Runs through Kabul.
- The net increase of over 18 million food-stamp recipients over just his first term.
- Adding $6T to our national debt over just his first term.
- Obamacare: It is the biggest increment in Democratic Socialism since LBJ's Great Society, and if ever fully implemented, will surpass Medicare/Medicaid with its destructive financial burdens. For more, read: The America That Can No Longer Think, Politically.
The root causes for both Mao and Obama are the same:
- Both were obsessed with power and knew how to grab it by appealing to the "victims" of society.
- Both lacked experience in governing before taking power.
- Both were eager to please their "poor" supporters with no leadership ideas other than robbing the "rich", using an insidious form of ideology: socialism (i.e. robbing via progressive taxation over time) or communism (i.e. robbing via force overnight).
Worst of all, they both set their respective countries on the wrong path!
Lucky for China - She had Deng after Mao's death in 1976.
Unlucky for America - President Obama still has three more years left in office, and will undoubtedly cause further untold damage to America. Why? Aside from his ideology and incompetence, President Obama is no longer trusted by most Americans (Majority Of Americans Think Obama Is Not Honest Or Trustworthy: Poll)!
What happened? Look at the list below ...
For the latest, read: Seymour Hersh Alleges Obama Administration Lied on Syria Gas Attack.
4. More discussion
As China just celebrated Mao's 120th birthday (on December 26, 2013), it's time for my fellow Americans to know a bit more about the real Mao by reading the following:
In short, Mao was a great man, with great achievements in the first half of his life, but grave mistakes in his second half.
Previously, I compared Mao Zedong with George Washington (George Washington vs. Mao Zedong). I believe that was a fair comparison.
President Obama is no Chairman Mao! President Obama has few achievements, but many grave mistakes! So this comparison was a bit unfair to Mao, but you get the point, hopefully.
Chairman Mao, the second half of his life, was a disaster for China. President Obama will prove to be a disaster for America!
Why "prove to be" but not already recognized? America can no longer think, politically (The America That Can No Longer Think, Politically)! Most Americans do not even know JFK was the most evil American 50 years after his death, despite mounting evidence in Detroit (Detroit, Public-Sector Unions, and JFK), Stockton, and the entire state of Illinois (Yes, It's a Crisis)! I believe President Obama may well surpass JFK in the race to the bottom (Longevity: American Democracy vs. Soviet Communism)!
America is desperately in need of a great transformational leader like China's Deng. Good luck to us all in 2016!
For more, read my book: "The GOP Bible for 2016"!