The average pay of Wall Street employees, including salary and bonuses, was $360,700 in 2012 (latest statistics). Still, that’s more than 5X the average worker pay in the U.S.
Wall Street firms handed out $26.7 billion in bonuses to their 165,200 employees last year, up 15 percent over the previous year. $164,530: average Wall Street bonus, the most since the 2008.
Top 5 earners, 2013 (ALL Hedge fund managers…includes percentage fees)
• $1.5 billion, James Simons, Renaissance Technologies
• $1.2 billion, Stephen Cohen, SAC Capital
• $1.2 billion, Kenneth Griffin, Citadel Investment Group
• $1.1 billion, T. Boone Pickens, B.P. Capital
• $950 million, George Soros, Soros Fund Management