The Rapid Rise of the Internet

March 17th, 2014
in News, econ_news, syndication

by Felix Richter,

As the world wide web turned 25 this week, it's time to take a look at the internet's impressive adoption curve.

Follow up:

Back in 1995 just 14 percent of U.S. adults used the internet, by 2005 two thirds did. In 2014, 87 percent of U.S. adults at least occasionally surf the web. As a matter of fact, using the internet has become so normal to us that the real question is: what do the other 13 percent do if they want to look at funny cat videos?

Infographic: The Rapid Rise of the Internet | Statista
You will find more statistics at Statista



Make a Comment

Econintersect wants your comments, data and opinion on the articles posted.  As the internet is a "war zone" of trolls, hackers and spammers - Econintersect must balance its defences against ease of commenting.  We have joined with Livefyre to manage our comment streams.

To comment, just click the "Sign In" button at the top-left corner of the comment box below. You can create a commenting account using your favorite social network such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn or Open ID - or open a Livefyre account using your email address.



Analysis Blog
News Blog
Investing Blog
Opinion Blog
Precious Metals Blog
Markets Blog
Video of the Day


Asia / Pacific
Middle East / Africa
USA Government

RSS Feeds / Social Media

Combined Econintersect Feed

Free Newsletter

Marketplace - Books & More

Economic Forecast

Content Contribution



  Top Economics Site Contributor TalkMarkets Contributor Finance Blogs Free PageRank Checker Active Search Results Google+

This Web Page by Steven Hansen ---- Copyright 2010 - 2016 Econintersect LLC - all rights reserved