Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of today's reading list discusses poll results showing as many uninsured opposed Obamacare as support it ........ and the tenth article shows how the reaction to tapering is a flattening of the yield curve, just the opposite of most expectations. The bonus (11th article) asks if the U.S. consumer is slowing down.
- As Many Uninsured Oppose Obamcare as Favor It (Yves Smith, Naked Capitalism) Yves Smith has contributed to Global Economic Intersection.
- Moral Aspect of Basic Income (Tom Streithorst, Piera)
- When Lenders Sue, Quick Cash Can Turn Into a Lifetime of Debt (Paul Kiel, ProPublica)
- Data View: How We Spend (Matthew Klein, Bloomberg) Hat tip to Barry Ritholtz via Twitter. We have listed this article previously, but there are many great graphics so here is another one.
- IBM Predicts Next 5 Life-Changing Tech Innovations (Doug Henschen, Information Week, 17 December 2013)
- How to Win the War on Coal (David Biello, Scientific American, 18 December 2013) Clean coal may not be an oxymoron after all?
- Average Mid-term Election Year Stock Returns (The Chart of the Day, 24 December 2013)
- 6 problems with Obamacare’s navigator program (Employee Benefit Adviser, 20 December 2013)
- Obamacare implementation as teachable moment (Dan Jejes, Pruning Shears) News stories about Obamacare sometimes conflate flaws in the existing system with those in the new one. Many complaints about Obamacare are actually complaints about America's health care system.
- The big steepener unwind (Walter Kurtz, Sober Look) The initial reaction to the mini-taper is a flattening of the yield curve. Not what's expected.
- Is The Consumer Slowing Down? (Lance Roberts, STA Wealth management) Lance Roberts has contributed to Global Economic Intersection.