Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of today's reading list proposes increasing taxes on land ........ and the last article is about the worst investment anyone can make.
- It's Time to Levy the Land (Yves Smith, Naked Capitalism) Yves Smith has contributed to Global Economic Intersection.
- Farm Bill passes in House, without food stamp funding (Ed O'Keefe, Washington Post, 11 July 2013)
- Early Evidence Of Using Flower Beds For Burial Found In Holy Land Cave In Mt. Carmel, 13,700 Year Old Grave (University of Haifa, The Daily Journalist)
- Las Vegas Suburb Accused of Plotting to Seize 5,000 Homes with Eminent Domain to Flip Them for a Profit (Megan Gallego, AlterNet) Forget of, by and for the people. This is government stealing from the people.
- Solar-powered airplane completes trans-America flight (Brian Dodson, gizmag) Noteworthy: Some of the flight was at night and average speed was 33 mph. For comparison, the Wright brothers first flight achieved 7 mph. See more with many photos at Solar Impulse.
- China faces a difficult credit bubble workout (Gavyn Davies, Financial Times) It "will take years", but it is "not a crisis".
- How Big Banks Make Millions Steering Clients into Their Own Funds (and Why Nobody’s Stopping Them) (Shah Gilani, Wall Street Insights & Indictments) Shah Gilani has contributed to Global Economic Intersection.
- Wage deflation charts of the day (Fekix Salmon, Reuters)
- Trader's Details (Andrew Ross Sorkin, DealBook, The New York Times) The SEC (Securities and Exchange Commision) is trying to have evidence excluded in the Fabrice Tourre trial about the Goldman Sach's Abacus case?
- The Worst Investment Anyone Could Possibly Make (Robert C. Lawton, Employee Benefit Adviser, 09 July 2013)